Motor Vehicle Department
Shoshone County Assessor

One of the many functions of the Assessor's Office is to handle registration and licensing of motor vehicles and recreational vehicles; this is done under the direction of the Idaho Transportation Department.

Shoshone County residents can renew most of their vehicles on-line.  The website is  Residents will need the renewal reminder mailed to them from ITD, with the message "renew on-line at" written in red below your address to do the renewal electronically.  A web portal fee and credit card fee will be charged to use this service in addition to the regular renewal fees.

Motor Vehicle Department Hours

Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed 1:00 to 1:30 p.m. on Wednesdays
Phone Number: (208) 752-1201
Fax Number: (208) 752-1102

If you are an Idaho resident who has a disability, you can apply for a handicap parking permit Placard at your local DMV office. To be eligible, you must have a qualifying disability that is verified by a doctor.  To order a Special Placard for Persons With Disabilities, please click HERE for an Application.

To order Disability License Plates, go to and use form ITD 3392 and return it to Boise - not your local DMV office.